Wednesday 28 September 2011

The very first call - The journey has begun

I felt so weird the last days. It's day three of about twohundred. It is the very beginning and so many days ahead, but anyway something makes me very happy right now. I waited for it every moment of the past three days. I waited for it since C. called me from the German airport, just a second before he was boarding to Afghanistan.That was the last time i heard from him. And I waited for a call. I waited for this first call. I waited for him to tell me he arrived safe, he is doing alright and he loves me. And he called me tonight. 

It was a buzz. 

I actually expected a quick call again. But it was different. He just sounded so happy. He sounded really happy. I expected him to be very busy and exhausted and just mad, but he was happy to hear my voice. He spoke as if he was just in his room in his camp in Germany. It was unbelievable to hear his voice. It made me feel so close to him. I could write a whole novel about this 20-minutes phone call. Well, I could do that about the ten-second phone call he gave me from the German airport as well. The only feeling I have is overwhelming love. I miss him, but I love him hundred and hundred times more.

The journey has started now. Hopefully under 200 days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment