Sunday 23 October 2011

For my very special one

I just wanted to write some lines down about the person who has all my respect. I still have no idea how he is doing it. How he is going through this, with all that on his shoulders. How he could stay so calm until the very last minute. 

I have never ever heard him complain about just anything. Never. He knew he has to go to Afghanistan. But anyway, he just cared about me. Until the very last second. He stayed calm until the day he had to go. I realized him becoming nervous then, and the only thing he said was "I'm sorry, the last thing you need now is me becoming weird". I have such a massive respect for a person like that. I was actually waiting for some change in his behaviour before he went. But it never came. It just came up for one or two hours the day before he had to go. 

A couple of weeks before he deployed, he gave me his lucky Union Jack. He said "You need it more than I do". I told him he is going into a war zone, he should take it with him again as it brought him luck in Iraq. And the only thing he replied was "You know I'm a lucky bugger, believe me, you need it more."

Well, I am happy to say that this is the person I will share my life with again, when he comes back from Afghanistan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment