Sunday 30 October 2011

The four letters

When you're in love with an infantry soldier, you appreciate every little bit you get to hear from him whilst he's on tour. You even go back to what feels like mid ages in nowadays. I never thought I would ever wait for the post man. I never thought I would get excited about a letter. About a letter! In times of smart phones and facebook? Hell, yeah! If you are in love with an infrantry soldier being on tour in Afghan, you don't just get excited about a letter, you literally flip out and jump around like a mad woman! You start waiting for the post man each and every day, hating him when he doesn't bring your loved blue letters and loving him on the few special days he does, and hating the Sundays when there is no post delivered. 

But when you get one of those little blue letters, it's just a buzz literally. You try to open it so quick and read through it then read through it again and again and again until you're sure you got every single bit of it right and until you nearly know it by heart. 

The four letters I got during the first three or four weeks were my rock. During times C. wasn't able to call for longer than expected, I read through them every night. I read through them, until I feel closer to him eventually. Sometimes I just couldn't read them anymore because of all the tears. I often cry when I read through them. It is such a roller coaster of emotions. I cry because I am happy he loves me so much that he uses that little down time he gets to write letters to me. I cry because I am happy about the words he wrote down. I cry because I miss him so much. I cry because I wish he would be back. I cry because of the weeks that are still in front of us. We don't just cry when we are sad. Often we cry when we are happy. I can't even always tell why i cry. It's too many emotion inside me. 

But the four letters I received keep me trough it. They are priceless. They are always next to my pillow, so I can read them each and every night before I go to bed. 

And I hope there will be more letters arriving on my door step soon. Thank you for your letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment