Tuesday 3 January 2012

Tears of happiness

Once I got back from work and checked out my phone I found two text messages. I opened them and recognized an unknown weird number. I stopped walking in shock. I couldn't move for some seconds and then I just bursted in tears. I cried for at least half an hour. 

And for the first time in many weeks, it was not tears of sadness. Those tears were tears of happiness, unconditional love and relief. 

I  got my first two texts from Afghan. 14 long weeks I didn't receive a single text from C. All I did was staring at my phone, reading through those lines over and over, and crying like a little baby. You don't know that two little texts can mean the world unless you are madly in love with an infantry soldier being in a war zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment